This role offers an opportunity to join the Treasury team at a boutique West End Hedge Fund, with excellent opportunities for growth and development for an enthusiastic and motivated individual. The team works closely with multiple areas of the firm, including Operations, Trade Support, Legal and Compliance, and Product Control, as well as Technology support groups.
Examples of specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Substantiating and meeting margin calls across all their funds;
- Producing and maintaining internal treasury reporting and ensuring it is accurate and goes out on a timely basis;
- Overseeing cash transactions and making sure these are approved in line with their payments policy;
- Understanding where their cash is held and what their counter-party exposure and risk is;
- Analysing brokerage fees and charges to help implement changes used to maximise interest and reduce costs;
- Gaining exposure to a variety of different asset classes and understanding their individual capital requirements;
- Working both independently and alongside other teams in order to automate and improve manual tasks;
- Liaising with our fund administrator and brokers to resolve cash queries;
- Understanding differing rates on treasury investments and subsequently looking to optimise returns.
- Logically minded, with strong academics (minimum 2:1 from a top university);
- Natural problem solver (you enjoy looking into complex problems);
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritise/re-prioritise tasks;
- Ability to think independently in order to add value;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Experienced in Excel, including knowledge of sumifs, vlookups, pivot tables, SQL, VBA, Python etc.