Senior Investment Writer
Salary: £75,000 plus excellent bonus and benefits
This is a hands-on role which will provide an excellent platform for personal development. The successful candidate will have already sufficient technical and systems knowledge but be given opportunity to grow their skills & experience in a broad range of marketing issues within institutional asset management.
The description of key tasks below is for guidance only and is subject to change as the requirements of the team change and as the role develops.
Key tasks will include:
- Lead writer for all monthly and quarterly investment commentary reports;
- Creation of many new strategy marketing/analysis documents for Portfolio Managers/Client Managers;
- Provide support to all Client Managers/Head of Department for ad-hoc client requests/queries, as well as ongoing projects such as the firm’s opportunities pipeline;
- Lead responsibility for all new business RFPs/RFIs for prospects/re-bids;
- Sourcing new business opportunities through use of online portals and databases (Mandatewire, fund daily, Global Fund Search, IPE etc.);
- Management of strategy marketing materials such as sample RFPs, investment philosophy, and long-term performance charts, as well as data provider for presentation materials and ad-hoc queries;
- Attendance of industry conferences and client/service provider meetings;
- Comprehensive use of systems to deliver ad-hoc internal and external reports and presentation packs/analysis slides;
- Attend calls with Client Managers/Portfolio Managers and assist with client servicing and meeting write-ups.
- Coherent and persuasive presenter and writer;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent technical skills with systems/software FactSet/PMAPS – RFPMachine/Microsoft Office/eVestment/Coric/Inalytics;
- Strong working knowledge of the firm’s investment strategies;
- Willingness to take responsibility and initiative for new projects/systems;
- Striving for continued professional development by working to become a CFA charter holder;
- Team management experience would be helpful.